Welcome to our Expedition:
One Latina lesbian meets another, years pass and they level-up with marriage. Then decide to approach the venture of creating a family. We talk about our experiences in this process: the challenges of ethnicity, age, sexuality, the futuristic tech of IUI & IVF and the people we meet along the way. With good humor+honesty.
Whether we make it or not, we invite you to join us.
From a sarcastic and potentially more than mildly entertaining vantage point.
A “journey” is blah…an expedition? I’d take it any day.
- Part 1: The Expedition- “Hello its me” Intro
- Part 2: Sitting up from the bed…how it all began
- Part 3: Halfway Up Diagnosis Mountain
- Part 4: You Have a Beautiful Cervix!
- Part 5: Who Cares?
- Part 6: TMI
- Part 7: Psychological to Physical: In 1 Weekend.
- Part 8: Pros and Cons, Sittin’ in a Tree…K-I-S…
- Part 9: Fertility Treatment 007
- Part 10: Dismissing Nurses, Embracing Attorneys, and a Brave Announcement
- Part 11: Apologies, Helpful Hints and I said “Yes”
- Part 12: Insemination/Implantation Day Tomorrow, Wedding Dollar Over Dime and Therapy-Worthy
- Part 13: The Transfer. The Emotion. The Calm. The Pain. The…Bleeding?
- Part 14: So, Are We Pregnant or Not?
- Part 15: Tomorrow (short post)
- Part 16: The Moment, Ultrasound, Emotional Management 101
- Part 17: Balancing Act with a Side of Ultrasounds
- Part 18: It All Began At 3:32am
- Part 19: Brides-To-Be Sleeping in Separate Beds
- Part 20: First Audible Heartbeat, Acrobatics and Our Raw Anger
- Part 21: Our Identities Revealed! Why Is There Salt In My Coffee?
- Part 22: Gender Reveals, Whiskey and Whining
- Part 23: Polar Opposite Experiences and Epiphanies
- Part 24: Emotional Changes
- Part 25: Land of Pregnant Women, Anti-Us, and First Kicks
- Part 26: Taylor Dayne, Selena, and Whitney Houston- Complaints, Announcement, and Tyke’s Cool-Factor
- Part 27: Feeling a Lump, Birthdays and Toilet Surfing
- Part 28: Gestational Diabetes- Diagnosed
- Part 29: Social Media Reveal, Ninja Kicks, and Failing Childbirth Class
- Part 30: Baby Showers, Alone for a Week, IMAX Baby, and Insensitive Comments
- Part 31: 2.5 Months Later, 2 Hospitals in 2 States and Its Go Time!
- Part 32: Day One. Last I Left You
- Part 33: Day Two. The Prospective Day (The Most Difficult Blog Post Written)
- Part 34: Day Three [All before 3pm]. Semi-Living in a Hospital
- Part 35: Blast from the Past with Unfinished Business
- Part 36: Day Three.Five [All after 3pm] Two Days in One.
- Part 37: Day Four. Freakin’ Miracles
- Part 38: One Among Many
- Part 39: The Rooms
- Part 40: Homecoming